Monday, October 02, 2006

Chicago Banco Popular Half-Marathon

This is how you would look after busting out 13.1 miles in 1:49. The race started at 7:30 am which is 6:30 Ohio time. In order to get there in time I had to get up at the crack of Cooter Brown. It was a long day. I can't really think of a better way to start the day than running a half-marathon. (well I can but this blog is family friendly) The first 5 miles I took it real easy. At 6 miles I felt so good that I started to pick it up and by mile 8 I was clipping along at a 7:20 pace. I picked it progressively from there for a strong but exhausting finish. Ford ran a very respectable 2:11. Unfortunately Christina was the victim of the Chicago tansit system and missed the start of the race by 20 minutes. She'll be running with us again in Indianapolis though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home