Friday, June 22, 2007

The Redhook Brewery - Portsmouth, NH

Ever since I was a little kid I dreamed of one day visiting the Redhook Brewery and quaffing a luxurious pint or three. To my sublime enjoyment, the brewery in Portsmouth had a special treat for me (it was just for me I swear) -- a unique brew called the "Long Hammer IPA". Wow. That's all I can say. Mainly because I'm still kinda drunk. Hoppy is an understatement. This ridiculous concoction is derived from the second runnings of a one-of-a-kind barley wine that the brewery runs once a millennium. In other words -- lots of malt, lots of hops, and lots of alcohol. This is fuel for the soul. I only had half a beer because I had to fly and, well -- I'm actually responsible nowadays belief it or not. But I did buy a hat, a shirt, and 6 or 7 Redhook glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home