Monday, March 05, 2007

Glade Skiing at Holiday Valley

I'd pretty much given up on the idea of good skiing east of the Missisippi. When I lived in Seatlle there was no shortage of great ski areas with super long runs and untouched powder. Holiday Valley is great. The snow quality was superb and they have a black diamond glade that is incredible. Steph and I must have skiied that thing 30 times.
If you've never tried glade skiing I highly recoomend it. I was impressed to see a few snowboarders navigate their way through the trees and the hidden moguls. I would proably kill myself on a board. Instead I opted for some Salomon Tornadoes -- a very high end ski (I rented) that I fell in love with.
We were instanlty addicted to the beauty of the glade. A fine powder fell from the sky and continually covered our tracks. Each run was unique and challenging. My legs were jello toward the end of the second day. I can't talk much more about it otherwise I'll want to hop in the truck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home