Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lasalle Bank Columbus Half Marathon

I ran the Columbus Half marathon on Saturday morning. (Course Map | Virtual Tour) It was an enjoyable training run for me. Surprisingly I didn't do too bad considering my goal was not to push myself. I placed 338th out of 3107 runners. Another plus to this race was beating my Columbus half-marathon nemesis Andy Hyatt by a whopping 15 seconds. I took it easy the first 8 miles and then picked it up to about a 7:45 pace for the final few miles. I continue to be impressed with JBR racing -- they do a great job. I'm very sore today. My quads are tender to the touch but other than that I'm recovering quickly. I'm running the Nashville half in two weeks and my goal there will be to break 100 minutes. (1:40) If I can do that I'll have a new PR and a respectable time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home