Sunday, March 11, 2007

Order of the Musket

I attended the Order of the Musket dinner at the Ohio Statehouse last night where the enlisted members of the Ohio National Guard presented the prestigious Order of the Musket award to the Honorable Senator Dobson. The occasion was very formal and elegant and offered a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to brush elbows with generals and political leaders. I was honored to attend the event with my date Stephanie. We ate dinner in the spot where President Lincoln presented an address in 1859. An orchestra played while we ate and the service and food were incredible. It was a surreal experience which I will remember for the rest of my life. Senator Dobson was gracious and funny in his acceptance speech and I was afforded the opportunity to meet him and his wife after the event. He gave me a personal coin that featured the Ohio State University logo trimmed in gold. Thank you Senator Dobson for your commitment and service to our troops in the Ohio National Guard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home