Monday, October 30, 2006

Scary, Wet, and Cold 5K

Friday night Ford and I went down to dowtown Westerville for the Dead Celbrity 5K hosted by Run Wild Racing. This was a brutal halloween race. The course consisted of spooky twists and turns through a haunted park on a narrow bike trail that was flooded in most places. The splippery cobblestone streets provided an additional hazard as the rain came down in freezing, ghoulish droves. High winds on the return trip along with bottlenecks along the narrow trail resulted in slower than normal times. I was satisfied however with my standing given the conditions. I placed 28th out of 320 finishers with a time of 21:37. That works out to a blazing 6:58/min mile! Wow, I wonder what I could do if I quit smoking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home