Wednesday, October 10, 2007

12 Miles on the Charles River -- Boston

I loved this run. I would have to say that this was by far my favorite long run of the year. What I love most about longs runs is the serenity they bring -- a calm, focused effort that is deeply satisfying. 12 miles flew by. I ran by Harvard, Boston College, and MIT. The river was full of boats -- there was a rowing competition going on. Past the Cambridge area I crossed over the river into downtown Boston. The streets were narrow and the sidewalks old cobblestone. Running back on the Boston side, I picked up the pace to 7:30 min/mi and felt really strong. The air was starting to get crisp and I was happy to get back to my rental car. I envy Boston runners -- they don't know how good they have it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home