Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Columbus Half Marathon

Sunday I ran in the Nationwide Columbus Half Marathon with Ford and Jill. At the starting line they really got everyone pumped up with music and Blackhawk helicopters flying in formation above us. Mayor coleman started the race. There were lots of drink stations and even a goo station near mile 7. I had a perfect race running 1:42. This is one minute off my PR for the half! It's amazing what a little training will do for you. Thanks to Stephanie for meeting me at the finish line. I will definelty do this half again.
Now to slowly increase my mileage to 40+ miles a week -- then I can start thinking about getting fast. I had the oppotunity to talk to a few elite runners in the past week and both told me that more miles means more speed. Higher mileage is the one thing I'm missing. I'm kinda excited about reaching the 40-50 mile/week range....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home